Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Tale of Two Fishes


Today I've got a guest post on Maria Zannini's blog. It's about Demon, my favorite of all the aquarium fish I've ever had... and why I like another kind of fish as well. Check it out!

A Tale of Two Fishes

What else is happening? Well, I'll be guest blogging again at Writers Helping Writers in a week's time, but for now I'm almost halfway through the final read of The Farthest Shore. Final. I can never again wonder if I should have said "bow" instead of "prow".

And I've joined a Facebook group called Write It Now, to help me get the last half of The Coldest Sea done. I always work better to deadlines, so if everyone else is doing 20 pages a day, then I'll do my best to keep up if I kills me. Plus, revisions to The Highest Tide are due on June 1st.

So exciting! Tiring, but exciting. :)

2 comments:

Loren said...

Interesting adventures with those fish. I also notice your grammatically-parallel titles:

The Deepest Ocean
The Farthest Shore
The Highest Tide
The Coldest Sea

I'm reminded of Friedrich Schiller's famous poem The Song of the Bell (1798), which includes

Latin:
Vivos voco
Mortuos plango
Fulgura frango

Translation:
I call the living
I mourn the dead
I break the lightning

Marian Perera said...

Thanks! Yes, the titles will all follow that pattern. Great poem, too.